Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Measuring Up...Service and Empathy Quotes



Service
Are we not sometimes like Naaman, looking for big or important things to do and bypassing simple things which we could do?  ~Elder Rex D. Pinegar, (Ensign, Nov. 1994, 80)

We don't need a bishop's assignment to be kind.  We don't need to sign up to be thoughtful.  ~Chieko N. Okazaki

Now, do not get me wrong.  I am not here to say that if you pay an honest tithing you will realize your dream of a fine house, a Rolls Royce, and a condominium in Hawaii.  The Lord will open the windows of heaven according to our need, and not according to our greed.  If we are paying tithing to get rich, we are doing it for the wrong reason.  The basic purpose for tithing is to provide the Church with the means needed to carry on His work.  ~President Gordon B. Hinkley, (Ensign, May 1982, 40)


Shame on you if your house is dusted, and a neighbor needs help.

Empathy
If I make errors [in judging people,] I want them to be on the side of mercy.  ~Hugh B. Brown

In my relationships with others who sometimes annoy or offend me, I will abide by the advice of a carpenter friend who says, "it's always wise to measure twice before sawing once."  


If I had known what trouble you were bearing;
What griefs were in the silence of your face;
I would have been more gentle, and more caring,
And tried to give you gladness for a space. ~Mary Carolyn Davies



Measuring Up: Integrity Quotes
Measuring Up: Improvement Quotes
Measuring Up: Time and Preparation
Measuring Up: Testimony Quotes
Measuring Up: Sabbath Quotes

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...