Monday, May 7, 2012

Scrapbook Layout: The Balance Game


I really struggled so much when I began creating layout pages for my Creative Memory albums.  This was before Idea Books, before the internet, before scrapbooking really caught on.  I can't tell you how many pages have been disassembled and put back together again--sometimes over and over!  That is when I learned you really have to have a plan (or copy someone else's idea!).  I'm sharing information from a handout I received when I first started scrapbooking with Creative Memories in the early 1990's.  It has helped me so much in planning my layout pages so that I get it right the first time.

"When you are laying out your photo's for your page, remember that it is your balancing game and you balance according to your visual likes.  Some people like a symmetrical look--same sizes, same spacing.  Other people like a more abstract design with flowing patterns and color."

Put your visually heavy picture down first, then start balancing.



...it's just like hanging pictures on the wall.



You can balance with stickers or colors...You can balance with words.



Work with your page in 1/2's or 1/3's.



(Layouts by Homemaker's Journal.  "The Balance Game" source unknown--circa early 1990's)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...