Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Homemaker's Quotes

To my child:
You are the trip I did not take; 
You are the pearls I did not buy;
You are the blue Italian lake;
You are my piece of foreign sky.
~Anne Campbell

One of the luckiest things that can happen to you in life is to have a happy childhood.  ~Agatha Christie

It's better to build children than repair grownups.  ~Unknown

The best thing to spend on a child is time. ~Unknown

Hem your blessings with thankfulness so they don't unravel.  ~Unknown

Never chasten beyond the balm you have within you to bind up.  ~Brigham Young

The best way to make children good is to make them  happy. ~Oscar Wilde

The next time the children started quarreling, I fought back an urge to get angry and started singing, “Jesus said love everyone; treat them kindly too.  When your heart is filled with love, others will love you.”  Both children stopped quarreling and looked up in happy surprise.  Mother was singing!  ~Margery D. Small

[Parenthood] is a learn-on-the-job situation.  It's not for the faint-of-heart. ~Kathleen "Casey" Null

Don't think of the gray in your hair.  Think of the fun you had putting it there.  ~Anna Greenwood

Friends are important, but when you have a child you should turn into a parent.  ~Elaine Cannon

In 1939, President Joseph F. Smith taught:  "There should [not] be any of us so unwisely indulgent, so thoughtless and shallow in our affection for our children that we dare not check them in a wayward course, in wrong-doing and in their foolish love for the things of the world more than for the things of righteousness, for fear of offending them."

Beginnings
Yes, my fretting, frowning child, 
I could cross the room to you more easily.
But I've already learned to walk, 
So I make you come to me.

Let go now--There! You see?
Oh, remember this simple lesson, child,
And when in later years you cry out
With tight fists and tears--

"Oh, help me, God--please."--
Just listen and you'll hear a silent voice:
"I would, child, I would.
But it's you, not I, who needs to try Godhood."
~Carol Lynn Pearson

To be a righteous woman during the winding up scenes on this earth, before the second coming of our Savior, is an especially noble calling.  The righteous woman's strength and influence today can be tenfold what it might be in more tranquil times. ~Spencer W. Kimball (1895-1985), Prophet

"A virtuous woman" (Proverbs 31:10):
Verse    Quality
11          Can be trusted
13          Works willingly
20          Is compassionate
25          Is strong and honorable
26          Speaks with wisdom and kindness
28          Is a dedicated wife and mother
30          Obeys the Lord


...and for always letting me lick the spoon.
This card was the best present I could get on my 43 birthday from the child, (Elise--shown above), who always loves to help in the kitchen.

There is nothing wrong with the world that a sensible woman could not settle in an afternoon. ~Jean Giraudoux

1 comment:

Dianna said...

Thanks for sharing these quotes. They're just what I needed today.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...