Monday, June 2, 2014

T-Shirt Quilt Tutorials

I made my oldest daughter a t-shirt quilt when she graduated highschool in 2008.  That was way before Pinterest, and all I knew about these quilts was a little blip I had read in Country Woman Magazine.  


What I decided to do since I was a novice quilter, was to use kid-friendly quilting instructions found in "I Can Quilt!" by Sandra L. Hatch and Sue Harvey.  The quilt shown is from Lesson 7, Four-Patch Fun Quilt.  We have used this pattern to make quilts to give to children's hospitals and children in other countries.  I highly recommend this book for new quilters or for kids learning to quilt.


I have two other children I would like to sew t-shirt quilts for and so I began Pinning tutorials to try.  Here is my collection of t-shirt quilt tutorials on Pinterest so far:


I would really like to grow this collection of links so if anyone knows of any good sources for t-shirt quilt tutorials or just good photos, please let me know :-)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...