Monday, January 3, 2011

Camping, part 1


Camp Fire Songs 
These songs are from my childhood--we sang a lot!...hayrides, car rides, recess, walking home from school, whenever we were bored, eventually Girls Camp--mostly theme songs from T.V. shows (but they also worked as camp songs!)  (Go HERE for GoogleDocs' campsongs)  Camp Songs 1-6 are actual camp songs from childhood, and some I learned as a Girl Scout Leader and Den Mother (and used as an Achievement Day Leader).  The three songs below are my favorites!
My Google Docs Camp Songs (it's easier)
Camp Songs 1Camp Songs 2Camp Songs 3Camp Songs 4Camp Songs 5Camp Songs 6


Fried Ham
Fried ham, fried ham, Cheese and baloney
After the macaroni, We'll have onions, pickles and lettuce
Then we'll have some  more fried ham, fried ham.

Second verse, same as the first
Country Style--a little bit worse! (repeat with a country accent)

Third verse, same as the first
Baby Style--a little bit worse! (repeat in a baby voice)

Fourth verse, same as the first
British Style--a little bit worse! (repeat in a British accent)

(Come up with more of your own!)

Once A Boy And A Girl
Once a boy and a girl in a little canoe, With the moon shining all around.
He paddled his paddle so, You couldn't even hear a sound.
Well they talked and they talked 'Til the moon grew dim
He said "You better kiss me Or get out and swim!"
So what ya gonna do in a little canoe With the moon shining all around?

Once a boy and a girl in a little canoe, With the moon shining all around.
He paddled his paddle so, You couldn't even hear a sound.
Well they talked and they talked 'Til the moon grew dim
He said "You better kiss me Or get out and swim!"
So what ya gonna do in a little canoe With the moon shining all a--
boats floating all a--
Girl swimming all a-round?
(shout) Kick the boy out!


Sippin Cider (Tune-The Other Day I Met A Bear)
Each verse is sung twice, the first time echoes on each line, the second time yodels the word "cider."
The cutest guy I ever saw
Was sippin' ci--der through a straw
The cutest guy I ever saw, 
was sippin' ci-d-i-d-ider through a straw.

I asked him if He'd show me how
To sip some ci--der through a straw
I asked him if he'd show me how
To sip that ci-d-i-d-ider through a straw.

He said of course He'd show me how
To sip some ci--der through a straw...(repeat)

First cheek to cheek Then jaw to jaw
We sipped that ci--der through a straw...(repeat)

And bit by bit That straw did slip
And we sipped ci--der lip to lip...(repeat)

That's how I got My mother-in-law
And forty-nine kids To call me Ma...(repeat)

The moral of This little tale
Is don't sip ci--der through a straw.

The moral of this little tale
is don't sip ci--der through a straw.
The moral of this little tale
Is don't sip ci-d-i-d-ider
Through a straw--Drink ginger ale! 
Alternate ending:
The moral of This story is
Don't that sip ci--der through a straw.
The moral of this story is
Don't that sip ci-d-i-d-ider through a straw--Sip Root beer!




Photo Journal: Boy Scout Winter Camp 2010  

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...